- 2013 had a strong ending with 87 single family unit sales in December
- The year outpaced 2012 with 21% more unit sales (907 vs. 750)
Unit sales by town
- In absolute numbers the increases are largest in New Milford (+39), Goshen (+24), Litchfield (+23).
- As a percent the greatest increases are in Goshen (+80%) and Warren (+58%). In total 6 towns had increases of more than 33%.
- Only four towns, Bridgewater, Cornwall, Morris and Woodbury recorded fewer sales in ’13 vs. ’12, but the shortfall was 10% or less.
Average Sale Price
- The average sale price is slightly higher in 2013 than 2012. Up 2%.
- Total Dollar Volume is over $78 million — +23% year-to-year
High End Sales
- December had 6 sales over $1 million
- There have been 63 sales over $1 million. In 2012, there had been 54. A 16% increase in units.
- Bethlehem, Norfolk and Woodbury are the only towns that did not have at least one sale over $1 million.
High End Sales by Month
- 2013 started off very slowly for the high end market but has been very strong since May.
- In 2012 the high end sales were much more evenly distributed throughout the year